Welcome to Centretown News Online.
An award-winning community newspaper, Centretown News is produced by third and fourth-year students in the School of Journalism and Communication at Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
With a circulation of 17,000, it is one of the largest community newspapers in the Ottawa-Carleton region. It is delivered free of charge to households and businesses every second Friday, 12 times a year, between September and April.
Centretown News serves the core of the city, including the downtown, covering an area roughly bordered by the Ottawa River on the north, the Rideau Canal on the east, the Queensway on the south and railway right-of-way in the west.It contains the Somerset Ward (Ward 14) municipal electoral district as well as Ottawa Centre federal and provincial constituencies.
Centretown News is both a teaching tool and a service to the community. It trains young journalists while at the same time providing in-depth news coverage of the area and a specialized advertising outlet for the local community.
• Editor: Stephanie Nurnberg
• News Editor: Gemma Karstens-Smith
• Online Editor: Ira Lamcja
• Photo Editor: Veronica Tang
• Arts Editor: Kate Shepherd
• Business Editor: Jordan Adler
• Sports Editor: Nick Wells
• Insight Editor: Adam Lague
• Publisher: Klaus Pohle
• Advertising Manager: Brad Clouthier
• Assistant Advertising Manager: Sara Louden
• Production Consultant: Richard Vieira
• Photography Consultant: David Kawai/Sarah Raghubir